Engineering Manager of Devops
About Convr: Commercial Insurance Carriers are falling short on delivering compelling customer experiences. Outdated business processes, inaccurate data and technologies are holding them back from elevating and delivering on better customer experience. In addition, this is adding costs to doing business. Above and beyond the customer experience these issues increase a carrier’s expense ratio and manual entry errors cost time and money. With Convr, commercial P&C insurers manage the underwriting process from submission to quote with an on-demand software platform with a built-in Artificial Intelligence decisioning engine, empowering them to make better decisions, faster. Our vision is to transform the world through data, discovery, decision and we do that today by empowering commercial carriers with a core underwriting management system enabling a frictionless experience, delivering superior performance, optimal efficiency and world-class customer engagement from submission to quote. Make a difference in commercial and property insurance industry by joining and leading our marketing efforts.
Role Overview: As an Engineering Manager of Devops, you will work closely with the members of your team being both hands-on and a mentor. You will work to ensure our systems are deployed and our engineering team can safely own as much of their work as possible in production. You will develop a deep understanding of the people, technologies, and practices of your team, and apply your expertise to planning, prioritization, and execution. You will support the self-development and career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
Who You Are:
- Someone who takes pride in owning the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
- You find ways to manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1 meetings and giving feedback as they work on the product roadmap.
- You own and continuously refine the processes and communication strategies your team uses to support our products and increase security.
- Enjoy working in a technical domain, and being a Technical Roadmap owner and help us prioritize between our new tech goals and customer needs.
- Understands people are more than “resources” and work with the Vice President of Engineering to turn our goals and the roadmap and compare with our people to understand our future staffing needs and hiring strategy.
- Build a deep understanding of how our products work and are built. Though you will not be expected to regularly code in the product-level, you will enjoy rolling up your sleeves and “getting your hands dirty”.
- You love to teach and interact with people to help them succeed
Technical Skills Demonstrated:
- Managed or was a technical lead for teams of engineers in the past
- Understand of security best-practices
- Love infrastructure-as-code and building repeatable solutions
- Love the terminal
- Like learning and discovering new technologies to bring to the team
- Supported production systems with live SLAs
- Can mentor other engineering members on technical best-practices
Things that will help you succeed:
- Passion for delivering value to customers
- Ownership! Takes ownership and responsibility for all things Convr
What you'll need:
- At least 10 years of related experience
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field
Why Join Convr?
- Full Transparency. We believe in open communication with our team and clients.
- Excellent work-life balance. We believe in flexibly because "life" happens! (unlimited PTO!)
- Team mentality. We believe in "All Hands on Deck"! Helping one another regardless of department.
- Everyone knows your name. We are a small company of ~50 employees. You will not be just a number!
- Growth. We believe in challenging yourself to develop your career.
- We are going places! We have a passionate team taking Convr to the next level!