Technical Consultant Professional Services
About Convr: Commercial Insurance Carriers are falling short on delivering compelling customer experiences. Outdated business processes, inaccurate data and technologies are holding them back from elevating and delivering on better customer experiences. In addition, this is adding costs to doing business. Above and beyond the customer experience these issues increase a carrier’s expense ratio and manual entry errors cost time and money. With Convr, commercial P&C insurers manage the underwriting process from submission to quote with an on-demand software platform with a built-in Artificial Intelligence decisioning engine, empowering them to make better decisions, faster. Our vision is to transform the world through data, discovery, decision and we do that today by empowering commercial carriers with a core underwriting management system enabling a frictionless experience, delivering superior performance, optimal efficiency and world-class customer engagement from submission to quote.
Role Overview: In this role, you will be joining the Professional Services Team as a Technical Consultant. You will ensure that our customers make the best possible use of the Convr platform, equip them to pursue their strategic objectives, and help them achieve their desired business goals. You will develop a deep technical and functional understanding of Convr product capabilities and customer needs to act as the Convr expert during customer implementation projects. Daily tasks include developing software using Python, Docker, and Kubernetes. You will collaborate closely with Engineering, Business Development, and Customer Success teams to effectively drive product-oriented conversations with customers. You should maintain a solution-oriented approach and be excited to be a part of a growing team, welcoming the challenges that come along with a high growth environment.
Who You Are:
- Great communication skills in technical concepts and solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities while meeting deadlines
- Enjoys a customer facing role
- Enjoys solving problems
What You’ll be Doing:
- Provide technical consulting expertise for complex, high-impact projects
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based on the client’s feedback in an Agile Environment
- Develop program specifications and construct/modify code to meet business needs
- Assist with architecting software solutions for complex high-volume data environments
- Create testing strategies and procedures for all core components
- Test and debug programs
- Responsible for the overall delivery of technical work product on customer engagements which may include the reviewing of code completed by engineers
- Ensure technical deliverables to customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes.
- Lead technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery for engagements, sometimes providing outsight and unit testing of partner resources development.
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering team to ensure custom solutions and integrations align with the Convr platform roadmap.
- Work with offshore teams and partners to deliver seamless, high-quality work product.
- Serve as a founding member of the Professional Services Technical practice to build out best practice materials, operating procedures and train new resources, clients, and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Professional experience working in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience coding & implementing projects using Python and Java
- 3+ years of Enterprise Application Experience
- 3+ years of experience with different methods of analysis, both process and data
Why Join Convr?
- Full Transparency. We believe in open communication with our team and clients.
- Excellent work-life balance. We believe in flexibly because "life" happens!
- Team mentality. We believe in "All Hands-on Deck"! Helping one another regardless of department.
- Everyone knows your name. We are a small company of ~50 employees. You will not be just a number!
- We believe in challenging yourself to develop your career.
- We are going places! We have a passionate team taking Convr to the next level!